Mova JGF is a fine, advanced joint grout with the width of joint upto 4mm. Components of JGF include binding materials of polymer cement mixture, selected fine aggregates, multi-functional additives and pigments under the formula studied and developed by Mova's laboratory.
Mova JGF is used to inserting joint of tiles and various kinds of natural stone tiles requiring the width of joint up to 4mm.
- Insert joint of glass mosaic tiles in the swimming pool and the outside of the works.
- Insert joint of tiles and natural stone tiles in indoor and outdoor areas.
- Insert joint of tiles and natural stones for toilets, kitchens and wet areas
- Multi -color - Very durable colors – long term use without blackened joint (see Mova JGF's actual color in Mova's showrooms).
- Do not damage the surface of tile and marble in the construction process
- Easy to use and very fast execution
- Do not shrink when hardening and withstand very good mechanical impacts .
- Create a smooth, fine surface, easy to clean.
Mova JGF is recognized compliant with International standard ISO 13007-3: 2004 and Vietnamese TCVN 7899-3: 2008 standard.
• Do not use Mova JGF for a porous surface or surfaces covered with glaze. In those cases the construction is not ensured, it is necessary to wash the surface before and refer to the manufacturer
• The width of joint >4mm, it should use Mova JGF standard joint grout
• Do not use Mova JGF for thermal elastic joints.
• With floors constructed with normal mortar, only use Mova JGF when the mortar is dry (after 7 to 10 days). But with salt and unclear surfaces, discoloration of Mova JGF will occur because salt dissolves and then it is absorbed on the surface. The discoloration will occur if the floor does not have a water proof layer causing the phenomenon similar to salt penetration. To avoid the phenomenon, do not mix Mova JGF with dirty water or hard water.
• For ceramic tile floor, it should use Mova tile adhesive, especially with the elastic surface, should use Mova JGF mixed with Mova Bonding agent.
• Preparation for inserting joint :
- Before construction of Mova JGF, it is necessary to clean the entire surface, from the top to the bottom edge of the tile thickness.
- Joint must be clear, have no dust and depth similar to thickness of tile, excess amount of tile adhesive should be scraped when tile adhesive is wet.
- If the tile is constructed with tile adhesive, inserting joints is done when the tile adhesive layer is dry (minimum from 3 to 4 hours).
- In the case tile is glued with normal mortar, waiting time is from 2 to 3 days for walls and 7 to 10 days for floors.
- Before inserting joint, the surface of joint should be watered, but if the joint is very wet or construction is done under +5ºC, it will impact the color of joint grout.
• Mixing Mova JGF:
- Pour Mova JGF into a clear tank containing (34-38) % clear water compared to dry joint grout powder and mix the mixture until achieving the required viscosity.
- Mix Mova JGF by using low speed mixer until achieving a homogeneous mixture of joint grout and mortar without air bubbles.
- Keep the mixture in 2-3 minutes, and then mix again before using.
• Construction with Mova JGF:
- Insert mixture mortar in joints by an appropriate rubber trowel. When grouting floor tiles, it should use rubber rod.
- Flatten the surface by crossing the rubber trowel with grout joint after filling up the joint
- When the grout layer begins to lose plasticity and fade (usually after 20 to 45 minutes depending on the weather), cleaning the amount of unnecessary grout by moistened hard sponge. Use two separate buckets, one for washing the sponge, one for dipping the sponge.
- If the grout layer is dry; it is possible to use hand polishing machine fitted with an abrasive disc made from wet cloth for cleaning. If cleaning is too early (when the grout is soft), it can get away or change the color of grout; on contrary, if cleaning when the grout hardens by mechanical measures, it may scratch the tile surface.
- When construction with Mova JGF is carried out in hot, dry or windy weather, it is necessary to maintain joints like maintaining concrete to ensure quality.
Finally, it cleaning the excessive amount of grout on the surface with a clean, dry rag. It can use appropriate acid to clean the surface for at least 10 days after inserting joint if the surface was glued with redundant grout.
Permitted time for smooth travel on floor after using Mova JGF: after about 24 hours
Permitted time for using: after 7 days (note: for swimming pool and water tank, it is possible to pump water within 7 days)
The use of actual amount of JGF for 1m2 tile is based on the width of joint, dimensions and thickness of tile, determined by the formula:
The amount of use
MOVA JGF= (A+B)/(A x B) x C x D x 1,4 Kg/m2
Notes: A = Length of tile ( mm )
B = Width of tile ( mm )
C = Thickness of tile ( mm )
D = Width of inserted joint ( mm )
- Outdoor areas.
- Indoor areas
Mova JGF is packed in different - sized packages of 1kg and 20kg.
At least 6 months in the untouched parking, at dry place.
Precautions: Mova JGF is is a cement based product so that it has alkaline features. It is necessary to implement appropriate measures to minimize the contact with skin. If it contacts with eyes, it will clean immediately with water and go to the doctor.
Information, especially manuals related to construction and use of MOVA products are based on knowledge and current experience of MOVA and the application of MOVA inventories in proper way, treatment and construction under normal conditions within life-span of the product. Any breach of these manuals as well as differences in materials, basement surface and actual Site conditions from warnings of manufacturer are not under warranty conditions of Mova.