Excellent adhesive on all surfaces
Using for all kinds of advanced stones and bricks tiling on floor with size of ≥ 800 x 800 mm; advanced stones and bricks tiling on wall with size ≥ 600 x 600 mm
Product description :
MFTA-1 is a ready-mixed, high quality adhesive with high plasticity, has ability to resist glissade and good adherence on all surfaces. Components of MFTA-1 include binding materials of polymer cement mixture, are mixed with dry sand and other special admixtures according to formula developed and researched by Mova's Laboratory.
Scope of applications:
MFTA-1 is specially used to tiling advanced devitrified bricks and natural stones with large plate and size of >= 600x600mm, applying to all indoor and outdoor positions of construction. It is compatible with all surfaces – both old and new surfaces with different water absorption levels.
Indoor and outdoor floor:
- Dry gypsum floor overlay and liquid and dry cement overlay (the maximum size of natural bricks and stones is 800 x 800 mm).
- Concrete plates, intermediate beams, concrete floors (the size of natural bricks and stones is # 800 x 800 mm.
- Floor with hot air duct system below.
Indoor and outdoor walls:
- Concrete walls, sand-cement mortar walls (the size of tiling bricks and natural stones tiles is ≥ 600 x 600 x 10 mm).
- Indoor gypsum walls (the maximum size of bricks is 300 x 300 mm).
- Moisture areas such as pools, basement, garage and so on.
Improving floor and old wall:
Especially, MFTA-1 allows to directly tile adhesive in the surface layer of old brick and stone tiles without destroying the entire tiling materials including mortar layer of base coat, old brick layer and stone tiles as traditional construction methods.
- Excellent adhesive on all old and new surfaces with different porosity.
- When mixing with water, it forms a mortar mixture with high plasticity, great flexibility and easy construction with high productivity, unstained when executing on vertical plate.
- Do not stain brick's color after execution process.
- Do not shrink after hardening. Using within 12 hours after tiling.
- Tiling all kinds of tiles and devitrified stones with large plate and size of ≥600x600 mm without being reinforced with clamps connection tiles and stones to wall.
MFTA-1 is recognized compliant with International Standard ISO 13007- 1 : 2005 and Vietnamese 7899-1 : 2008 standard, C2TE kind.
- Do not use for heat floor, freezing floor or thawing.
- Do not need to soak bricks and stone tiles into water before using.
- Do not need to spray water into the surface of floor before using.
· Preparing the surface of basements:
- New surface is clean, having no dust, grease or cement.
- Cleaning by industrial vacuum cleaner, finishing the floor preparation prior 48 hours before using.
- Using primary coat of Mova Cover Prim in the floor with dry gypsum overlay
- Spraying water in porous cement floor.
- Old floor: after being clean, it is necessary to cover a primary coat of Mova Cover Prim to improve the adhesion with old base.
· Mixing MFTA-1:
Mixing slowly by electric mixer at the rate from 5.0 to 6.0 liters of water for a bag of 25 kg (20-24%) of dry glue weight till obtaining homogenous mixture. Retaining the homogenous condition about 5 minutes before execution.
- Firstly, using the straight edge of notch trowel to coat a thin layer (around 1mm) to the surface of base. Then using the serrated edge of trowel to cover an adhesive layer in the base with appropriate thickness of materials
- MFTA-1 allows to execute with one layer with amount of 3.5 kg to 4.5 kg/m2
- If the thickness is greater, 2 sticky layers shall be implemented by using serrated trowel to cover another thin layer of glue in the back of bricks and stone tiles before sticking. However, 2 cover layers should only be implemented in case the size of brick is larger than 300 x 300 mm, using serrated trowel in accordance with size and types of tile adhesives.
- The thickness of adhesive: from 3 to 10mm
- The use of glue amount depends on the size of bricks and stone tiles in accordance with sizes of serrated trowel as recommended by the manufacturer as follows
1. Using trowel size 6 with thickness of 3mm for bricks and stone tiles with size of < 600 x 600 x 10 mm
2. Using trowel size 8 with thickness of 6mm for bricks and stone tiles with size of < 800 x 800 x 10 mm.
3. Using trowel size 10 with thickness of 8mm for bricks and stone tiles with size of ≥ 800 x 800 x 10 mm and natural stones with size of 600 x 1600 x 18 mm and larger than that.
Fully respecting recommendations as printed in the label of the product package.
Do not mix with any agent. In particular cases, please contact with our technical service department.
- 10 years of warranty by MOVA manufacturer
- Quality is controlled regularly by our research department.
- The amount of norm: 1.4kg/1mm/1m2
- MFTA-1 can be implemented with thickness of glue of 5mm for natural granite with size of 600 x 1600 x 180 mm and weight of 53kg. It can be coated in vertical place without reinforcing futher crampons to connect stone plate with wall like traditional methods.
- The actual usage amount of MFTA-1 for 1m2 of brick depends on the size of bricks and stone tiles in accordance with size of trowel as recommended by Mova manufacturer
Precautions: MFTA-1 is a cement based product so that it has alkaline features. It is necessary to implement appropriate measures to minimize the contact with skin. If it contacts with eyes, cleaning immediately with water and go to the doctor.
Information, especially manuals related to construction and use of MOVA products are based on knowledge and current experience of MOVA and the application of MOVA inventories in proper way, treatment and construction under normal conditions within durability of the product. Any breach of these manuals as well as differences in materials, basement surface and actual Site conditions from warnings of manufacturer are not under warranty conditions of Mova.