Anti-slipping with super slim adhesive layer
Using for all kinds of bricks and stone tiles with size of ≤ 800 x 800 mm
Product description :
MTA is a ready-mixed, high quality adhesive with high plasticity, good adherence and excellent anti-slipping with super thin adhesive layer. Components of MTA include binding materials of polymer concrete mixture, are mixed with dry sand and other special admixtures according to formula developed and researched by Mova's Laboratory.
Scope of applications:
MTA is used to tilling normal tiles and stones with size of ≤ 800 x 800 such as ceramic tiles, mosaic tiles, burned ceramic tiles and natural stones in floors, walls, applying to all indoor and outdoor positions of construction.
Indoor and outdoor floor:
• Concrete plates, intermediate beams, concrete floors (the size of bricks and stone tiles is <800 x 800 mm).
• Cement overlay and sand-cement mortar layer in the ground (the size of tiles and stone tiles is < 800 x 800 mm)
• Floor with air duct system below
Indoor and outdoor walls of house
· Concrete wall, cement mortar (the size of tiles and stones is < 800 x 800 mm)
· Indoor gypsum walls (the maximum size of tiles is 300 x 300 mm)
Improving floor and old wall
Especially, MTA allows to directly tile adhesive in the surface layer of old brick and stones without destroying the entire tiling materials including mortar layer of base coat, old brick layer and stone tiles as traditional construction methods.
- Excellent anti-slipping capacity with super thin adhesive layer.
- Good adherence; do not shrink after hardening
- When mixing with water, it forms a mortar mixture with high plascity, easy excecution with high productivity
- Do not stain brick's color after execution process.
- Tiling all kinds of bricks and advanced stone tiles with large size of ≤ 800 x 800 mm on all old and new surfaces with different porosity
MTA is recognized compliant with International Standard ISO 13007 – 1: 2004 and Vietnamese 7899 – 1: 2008 standard, C1T type
- Do not use for heat floor, freezing floor or thawing .
- Do not need to soak tiles and stones into water before using.
- Do not need to spray water into the surface of floor before using.
• Preparing surfaces of base coat :
- New surface is clean, having no dust, grease or cement. Cleaning by industrial vacuum cleaner, finishing the floor preparation prior 48 hours before using.
- Spraying water in porous cement floor.
- Old floor: after being cleaned, it is necessary to cover a primary coat of Mova Cover Prim to improve the adhesion with old base.
• Mixing MTA:
Mixing slowly by electric mixer at the rate from 5.0 to 6.0 liters of water for a bag of 25 kg (20-24%) of dry adhesive powder weight till obtaining homogenous mixture. Retaining the homogenous condition about 5 minutes before execution.
• Instructions for MTA by typical serrated trowel:
- Firstly, using the straight edge of notch trowel to coat a thin layer (around 1mm) to the surface of base. Then using the serrated edge of trowel to cover an adhesive layer in the base with appropriate thickness of materials.
- MTA allows to execute with one layer with amount of 3.5 kg to 4.5 kg/m2.
- If the thickness is greater, 2 sticky layers shall be implemented by using serrated trowel to cover another thin layer of adhesive in the back of bricks and stone tiles before sticking.
- The thickness of adhesive: from 2 to 10mm
- The use of adhesive amount depends on the size of brick and stone tiles in accordance with sizes of serrated trowel as recommended by the manufacturer as follows:
1. Using trowel size 4 with thickness of 2mm for bricks and stone tiles with size of < 400 x 400 x 10 mm
2. Using trowel size 6 with thickness of 3mm for bricks and stone tiles with size of < 600 x 600 x 10 mm.
3. Using trowel size 8 with thickness of 6mm for bricks and stone tiles with size of < 800 x 800 x 10 mm.
- Fully respecting recommendations as printed in the label of the product package.
- Do not mix with any agent. In particular cases, please contact with our technical service department.
- 10 years of warranty by MOVA manufacturer.
- Quality is controlled regularly by our research department
Precautions: MTA is a cement based product so that it has alkaline features. It is necessary to implement appropriate measures to minimize the contact with skin. If it contacts with eyes, cleaning immediately with water and go to the doctor.
Information, especially manuals related to construction and use of MOVA products are based on knowledge and current experience of MOVA and the application of MOVA inventories in proper way, treatment and construction under normal conditions within durability of the product. Any breach of these manuals as well as differences in materials, basement surface and actual Site conditions from warnings of manufacturer are not under warranty conditions of Mova.