Mova JGB is a rough, advanced joint grout with the width of joint from 4mm to 15 mm. Components of JGB include binding materials of polymer cement mixture, selected aggregates, multi-functional additives and pigments under the formula studied and developed by Mova's laboratory.
Mova JGB is used to inserting the joint when tilling all kinds of ceramic tiles (burned once or twice, clinker tiles, ceramic bricks.) cotto tiles, surface tiles and devitrified stones (natural stones, marble, granite, etc.) on wall, floor inside and outside.
- Insert joint of tiles & devitrified stone for decorating façade, balcony, floor and swimming pool .
- Insert joint of tiles on the rough surfaces (cotto tiles, vitrified tiles, marble, clinker tiles, once – burned bricks once, etc.) on yard, floor inside and outside.
- Insert joint of ceramic tiles, burned ceramic bricks on industrial floor without chemical - resistant requirements (in ground floor, garage, storage, etc.)
- Multi – color, very durable color in the sun light – long term use without blackened joint (See Mova JGB's actual color in Mova's showrooms)
- Highly compressive and bending strength
- Easy to use and very fast execution
- Good capacity to resist water proof, especially when mixed with MovaLastic, suitable to swimming pool, wet areas and heavy - loaded floor, etc.
- Create a smooth, fine, surface, easy to clean.
Mova JGB is recognized compliant with International Standard ISO 13007-3: 2004 and Vietnamese Standard TCVN 7899-3: 2008
• Do not use Mova JGB with cement or any other products without referring to Mova's opinion. Do not add water into product when it starts to solidify.
• Do not mix Mova JGB with salty or dirty water
• Level of mixing water must be exactly estimated. The surplus water will generate white spots on the surface, resulting from forming CaCO3 due to non - completed hydration and anti - absorption surface. After inserting joint, do not scatter dry powder to avoid changing color.
• Do not use Mova JGB for thermal – elastic joints and sunk areas.
• For ceramic tiles with rough or porous surface, it should examine surface - cleaning ability before using. Use an anti - absorption layer on the surface which not to absorb into the mortar joint needed to fill.
• Preparation for inserting joint :
- Before construction of Mova JGB, it is necessary to clean the entire surface, from the top to the bottom edge of the tile thickness.
- When inserting joint, it is necessary to wait for dry adhesive, waiting time depends on each used type and the thickness of adhesive.
- Waiting time is usually 2 - 3 days after tiling .
- Joint must be clear, have no dust and depth similar to thickness of tile, excess amount of tile adhesive should be scraped when tile adhesive is wet.
- For ceramic tile with high porosity level, in high - temperature and windy environment, joint must be soaked with clean water prior to executing.
• Mixing Mova JGB:
- Pour and mix gradually dry Mova JGB power into a clean water - tank. The proportion of water is equal to 24-26 % weight of dry grout mortar.
- When inserting joint on floor, it is possible to use more water (25-27%) than weight of dry grout mortar.
- Mix JGB by a low - speed mixer until it generates homogeneous mixture of grout mortar without air bubbles.
- Keep this mixed grout from 2 - 3 minutes, then mix it again before using .
- Time for using: no more than 2 hours after mixing.
• Construction with Mova JGB:
- Insert mixture mortar in joints by an appropriate rubber trowel. Flatten the surface by crossing the rubber trowel with grout joint after filling up the joint.
- When the grout layer begins to lose plasticity and fade (usually after 20 to 45 minutes depending on the weather), cleaning the amount of unnecessary grout by moistened hard sponge. Use two separate buckets, one for washing the sponge, one for dipping the sponge.
- If the grout layer is dry; it is possible to use hand polishing machine fitted with an abrasive disc made from wet cloth for cleaning.
- If cleaning is too early (when the grout is soft), it can get away or change the color of grout; on contrary, if cleaning when the grout hardens by mechanical measures, it may scratch the tile surface
- When construction with Mova JGB is carried out in hot, dry or windy weather, it is necessary to maintain joints like maintaining concrete to ensure quality.
Finally, cleaning the excessive amount of grout on the surface with a clean, dry rag. It can use appropriate acid to clean the surface for at least 10 days after inserting joint if the surface was glued with redundant grout.
Permitted time for smooth travel on floor after using Mova JGB: after about 24 hours
Permitted time for using: after 7 days (note: for swimming pool and water tank, it is possible to pump water within 7 days)
The use of actual amount of Mova JGB for 1 m2 tile is based on the width of joint, dimensions and thickness of tile, determined by the formula:
The amount of use
MOVA JGB= (A+B)/(A x B) x C x D x 1,6 Kg/m2
Notes: A = Length of tile ( mm )
B = Width of tile ( mm )
C = Thickness of tile ( mm )
D = Width of inserted joint ( mm )
- Outdoor areas.
- Indoor areas
Mova JGB is packed in different –sized packages of 1kg and 20kg.
At least 6 months in the untouched parking, at dry place.
Precautions: Mova JGB is is a cement based product so that it has alkaline features. It is necessary to implement appropriate measures to minimize the contact with skin. If it contacts with eyes, it will clean immediately with water and go to the doctor.
Information, especially manuals related to construction and use of MOVA products are based on knowledge and current experience of MOVA and the application of MOVA inventories in proper way, treatment and construction under normal conditions within life-span of the product. Any breach of these manuals as well as differences in materials, basement surface and actual Site conditions from warnings of manufacturer are not under warranty conditions of Mova.